NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN
Auto Accident & Personal Injury Trial Attorneys
CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Call our car accident attorneys today for your FREE consultation!
Our team at Melman Law Group understands the personal, financial, and legal repercussions of a car accident. Our trial attorneys are highly skilled and extremely knowledgeable about the prevailing laws in the state of Georgia. We have represented thousands of individuals ranging from minor to severe auto accidents and know what it takes to effectively help you recover from your loss. We will fight diligently to ensure you get the treatment you need and the compensation you deserve. We have won millions of dollars for our clients throughout Georgia. If you have been injured in a car accident in Atlanta, reach out to our Atlanta attorneys. Call our office today at 770-365-7556 to speak with an experienced Atlanta auto accident lawyer risk-free.
Why do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Car accidents can be life-changing experiences. Whether it’s a major accident with property damage and serious personal injury, or a no-fault incident, rarely does one leave an accident without experiencing some form of lasting effects. In many cases, the accident itself is only the beginning of what can be an extremely long process of filing an insurance claim, determining fault, and most importantly, getting the closure one needs to move on with their life. Having to take on both of the insurance companies and the law to get what you deserve from your accident is extremely intimidating and often victims will accept a far lower settlement amount than if they had hired a car accident attorney or received a free case consultation.
What to do after a Car Accident in Georgia?
1. Call 911! The police will arrive to the accident scene to make sure all parties involved are safe and secure from the roadway. The police also investigate the scene and provides official documentation of the car accident in an attempt to determine who is at fault.
2. Seek medical treatment immediately for any injuries you incur. Documentation is crucial to your case and therefore an exact record of what injuries you obtained will be reported immediately.
3. Make sure you stay at the scene until police let you know it is okay to leave. Leaving without talking to police may result in criminal charges against you, especially if you are at fault.
4. Exchange information with the other driver(s) (name, insurance information, license information).
5. Make an accurate record of what you recall from the accident. You need to take notes, pictures of the vehicles property damage, the accident scene. You also want to record the names and contact information of any witnesses.
6. Do not admit fault, even if you believe you may have been. You can be polite toward the other driver, but apologizing or admitting fault will only come back to haunt you. Most times, communicating with the at fault driver isn't necessary as the police officer on the scene will collect information from each party.
7. Contact our experienced car accident lawyers. We’re experts at navigating the often confusing and uncertain legal and insurance process.
Georgia's Minimum Insurance Coverage Requirements
If you are a licensed motorist in Georgia, it is critical to know the minimum Georgia car insurance requirements. These requirements establish the minimum levels of insurance coverage that every motorist must have. In some states this coverage will protect you against property damage, personal injury, and damages caused by uninsured motorists.
In Georgia you are NOT required to carry medical payments coverage or uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage(UM/UIM). Georgia car insurance requirements only require motorists' to have liability insurance for:
bodily injury liability for one person in an accident
bodily injury liability for all persons in an accident
property damage liability for an accident
Georgia car insurance requirements set the minimum amount that you will need for each of these 3 types of car insurance coverage. The minimum Georgia car insurance requirements are set at 25/50/25, which means that you will need:
a minimum of $25,000 of bodily injury liability per person in an accident
a minimum of $50,000 bodily injury liability for all persons injured in an accident
a minimum of $25,000 property damage liability for an accident
Car Insurance Coverage Across State Lines
If you are covered by Georgia car insurance requirements and you are involved in an accident out of state, and that other state requires higher minimum insurance coverage, your policy will automatically increase to meet those higher requirements. If you are covered by Georgia car insurance requirements, and you have been injured in a car accident, you should get the help of an experienced Georgia personal injury attorney.
Contact our Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys
At Melman Law Group, we have experienced car accident attorneys dedicated to using our legal services to fight for victims of car accidents. We provide high-quality legal representation to every one of our clients. Every client is treated with personal attention and compassion. We help our clients receive proper compensation for their unfortunate circumstance. After all, insurance companies tend to seek to minimize compensation. What can seem like a fair settlement might fail to cover long-term medical costs, lost wages from missed work due to the accident, or delayed injuries or damages that weren’t accounted for in the original settlement amount. We’re experts at navigating the often confusing and uncertain legal and insurance process.
Call or text your experienced car accident lawyers 24/7 at 770.365.7556 or visit us on any of our social media pages.